Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reverb 10.28: Achieve.

December 28-- Achieve.  What's the thing you most want to achieve next year?  How do you imagine you'll feel when you get it?  Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful?  


Achievement of 2011: Own a toaster. 


Because owning a toaster means I have moved into my first "own place." Moving in to my own place means I had the financial means to do such a thing.  Having the financial means is indicative of one of two things: I have earned and maintained gainful employment and/or have saved and spent savvy enough to afford to live on my own.  Gainful employment and saving/spending wisely means I have crossed an important threshold in the journey towards adulthood and greater independence.  And this is what 24 year old, bright, well-educated, fabulous young women are supposed to do. 

And then I am making Jesus toast.  Lots and lots and lots of Jesus toast.


jesus-toast.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment