Sunday, December 19, 2010

Reverb 10.18: Try.


December 18--What do you want to try next year?  Is there something you wanted to try in 2010?  What happened when you did/didn't go for it?



I am going to skip the second part of this question, except gloss it over really quickly with this statement: In 2010 I tried mostly at finishing school and finding and excelling in a fledgling career.  In all that chaos, I tried feverishly to hold tight to friendships changed by geography, new priorities, and a more 'adult' routine (oh, 9-5 life, you can make me so exhausted).  2010 was not a year of going out on a limb.  Rather it was a year of letting the tree grow just a little, but hanging pretty tightly to the roots.  

There's lots of things to try in 2011:
  •  Saving money for experiences rather than things.
  •  Keeping my things organized.  Keeping my time more organized.  
  •  Complete triathlon #4 (maybe #5 too).
  •  Run a 10K (that's 6.2 miles for you English-system lovers).  
  •  Patience (but I probably give this up on January 6).
  •  Eating mushrooms?  We'll see...

I bet there is a lot more to try in the 365 days that are about to come at me.  The biggest thing is to try not to say no to great opportunities.  Inhale every breath of adventure, soak up all the knowledge that is presented before me, and make the most of the good and bad in those around me.

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love the "eating mushrooms". I'm totally the same way, always trying to force myself into liking adult foods. Mushrooms are one of my faves, so hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete