Thursday, December 2, 2010

Reverb 10.2: Writing.



December 2 – Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it? (Author: Leo Babauta)


A bit of a discouraging prompt for Day 2, maybe.  Only because I have never really identified myself as a writer and I feel like this prompt is geared towards those that do.  But I do write.   

If I am to answer this question honestly, most of my writing showcased here, save the analytical writing I do at work.  And here, the fuel for my writing is my life.  The things I am doing when I am not ticka-typing away do not take away from writing, but rather stoke the fire.  Things are funny at work? Write about it!  Feeling too chubby? Write about it!  Have a creative idea rolling around your head that just won't go away? Write about it!

I could probably write more often and I have noticed a decrease in my blog posts since finishing school (sorry), but I think part of that was a bit of a temporary identity crisis.  Until October 19, 2010 I had always been a student.  And I started this blog in the throes of a grueling graduate program.  Who was I now that I wasn't a student?  And would I still be who my readers were expecting?  

Well, I hope I am not always what you were expecting. That's no fun.  

And for the second part of the question, could I eliminate what keeps me from my writing?  Eliminate my life?  

Yeah, no thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment