Monday, December 20, 2010

Reverb 10.20: Beyond Avoidance.

December 20-- Beyond Avoidance.  What should you have done this year but didn't because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing?  (Bonus: will you do it?)

I am sure the last 11 months and 20 days presented me with opportunities I could have done, but as the year plays out its very last days, I can confidently and honestly write that I don't think there is anything else I should have done that would have moved mountains or changed my life. 

Of course, there's some usual players in the woulda-coulda-shoulda game.  I should have saved more money. I should have logged more miles on the trail/bike/treadmill.  I should have applied for more jobs.  I should have networked harder.  I should have eaten more lettuce and less chocolate.  I should have done more laundry and I should have stopped procrastinating. 

Those of you who know me well know I am much more apt to do something I shouldn't have than not do something I should have.  Happy to report that this only happened a handful of times this year, and I usually recognized it immediately the next morning.  Ugh.  I should have stopped a beer or two earlier.  And a lot of the other "shouldn't do but I am going to anyway" moments have turned in to some of the best stories of the year.  So despite what is beginning to feel like Reverb10's way of trying to make me repent for all of the ways I was a horrible human last year and make me vow to right myself in time for 2011, I have no regrets about the woulda-coulda-shouldas from 2010. 

No comments:

Post a Comment