Sunday, December 12, 2010

Reverb 10.12: Body Integration.




December 12-- Body Integration.  This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but simply a cohesive you, alive and present?


Gosh, it is such a pain in the ass when your alarm goes off in the morning and you wake up to find that your body has been doing it's own thing for the last few hours, stumbling about without guidance and direction, making messes and bruises galore.  Worse yet when you find yourself on the train after a long day at work, and have misplaced your mind completely.  

Hmmm.  Perhaps I am missing something here.  Am I living an overly integrated life?

My mind and body are not two independent entities that work apart from one another and occasionally sit down to a tea party to discuss the ways in which they could work together more efficiently.  They are two functions of a whole; the cohesive me.

I can make changes to the way my body feels, moves, and looks by making decisions to eat this (or not) and go for a run (or not).  My mind is healthier and happier when my body gets a chance to move and when it tastes the nectars of fresh fruits and vegetables.  They are far from independent, and in fact are highly interdependent.  They do not need to work to integrate; they were designed to be a partnership and it works on an instinctual level.

There is always a cohesive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment