Tuesday, September 1, 2009

23/365

I have some beautifully insightful friends, who help me discover myself truly. It is through conversations with these young people that I have realized, and later accepted, that I am an individual of contradictions who lives at the polars, at the extreme of almost everything. I am either abrasively outgoing and chatty or blending in to wallpaper. I am brutally over-confident or painfully insecure.

You are probably wondering what this has to do with a photo of the day, as this is a numbered entry. Patience, Padawan.


Steep Thoughts
August 31, 2009

Punchline: As someone who typically thrives in socializing, the only unforced* conversation I had today was with this delicious cup of mango tea after work tonight**. It was a beautiful day of silence.

*I did have to work, and it is ultra-rude to ignore co-workers and customers. "Forced" may not be the right word-- it did not pain me to talk to these people. In fact, we had some nice chats. Further, I also enjoyed a quick chat on the phone with my sister from Chicago, in which I reminded her that she is perfect. Regardless of her surroundings, belongings, social environment, or geographical location-- perfect. In my ideal world, she would read this quickly in the morning, in case she has already forgotten.

**Uh, yeah, I did actually talk to it. Don't be surprised, you know you're not. Look at all the ridiculous things I do.

EDIT: I am beyond peeved that I decided to write a novel and so this got date-stamped for tomorrow, which is now today. But I took this photo AND wrote the entry today, which is now yesterday. The measurement of time passing can be such a bitch in so many ways. Bollocks (and pardon my french).

2 comments: