Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Do You See That Blip? That's Me, Getting Back on Radar!

Sorry for the long hiatus.  I had once vowed I would never do that again, but I did.  Luckily, there won't be a marathon review of what I have done in the last 2 weeks because it really hasn't been much.  In the interest of full (blog-appropriate) disclosure, I will let you all in on a little secret of grad school:  it messes with your mind.  Majorly. And there are honestly stretches of time that can last for weeks in which grad students feel as if they never have done anything right, and likely never will.  And at every turn someone tells you what could be better.  And in reality, this is a great time for constructive criticism-- maybe less so that undergrad, but still more so than the real world, grad school is a beautifully safe place to make mistakes.

So anyway, long story medium, I had a minor lapse in mental health.  And it was different from midsemester breakdowns of semesters past, as it was accompanied by a break up*, and then both of my roommates went on Spring Break vacations, and I was home alone at the apartment.  Until I jumped ship and did what every independent, courageous young adult would do in the same situation: I went home and cried to my mom.

And I am finally feeling like I didn't fall off the face of the planet.  And that I am making some progress.  And things are going to be fine.  I am back, literally to my blogging, and figuratively back to my life.

And holy crap, I have a lot to do.

*Yep.  I was dating.  Nope, I didn't write about him.  Not that it was bad or anything-- it was an excellent 10 week relationship that ended out of circumstance, not disinterest.  Despite my gift of gab and inability to filter, some things just don't get blogged about.

No comments:

Post a Comment